The Legal Informatics and Forensic Science (LIFS) Institute in the College of International Studies at Hallym University, South Korea, currently has openings for full-time researchers at the Doctorate level for 3 years.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
These positions deal with Internet of Things (IoT) digital forensic investigations. The following skills are necessary:
- Completed or nearly completed a Master’s Degree (preferably in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related fields)
- Good spoken and written English
- Intermediate programming (any language)
- Ability to plan and carry out research
- Ability to work with a team
The following skills are preferred but not required:
- Basic knowledge of Korean language
- Knowledge of embedded systems
- Embedded system programming experience
- Computer / Network administration experience
- Competency in Linux / Unix systems
- Knowledge of Digital Forensic Investigation techniques (esp. acquisition)
These positions include a full scholarship as well as a monthly salary. Candidates must be willing to relocate to Chuncheon, South Korea.
For any questions or to apply for the Ph.D. research position, please send an email with your CV and links to any research papers you have published to email@example.com with the subject “IoT PhD Application”.
— About Hallym University —
The Legal Informatics and Forensic Science Institute is a newly-created, multi-disciplinary institute focusing on cybercrime and digital forensic investigation inside the College of International Studies at Hallym University. Our faculty is comprised of cybercrime law, cyber psychology, cybercrime investigation and digital forensic investigation specialists.
Hallym University is a relatively small private university 1.5 hours east of Seoul. The university is widely known for its medical studies programs, and is well known within Korea for its International Studies programs. Hallym University is consistently ranked within the top 40 Universities in South Korea.